Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Symposium 2017-Let's Play Music teacher convention

What a fun weekend I had in Salt Lake City at our annual Let's Play Music Teachers Convention!  I love Symposium because every year we get a chance to rub shoulders with some of the coolest and most creative teachers, trainers, and staff in our LPM community.  I was so honored to be selected as the recipient of this years Let's Play Music Vision Award.  Here I am with Shelle Soelberg the creator and founder of Let's Play Music and one of the most fun and dynamic people I know!


 I was also excited to present part of a workshop with 2 other awesome teachers on how to use social media and our website to help communicate info in an easy and fun way.

      The amazing and super fun Nicci Lovell and Becky Swain and I, clearly I am so excited I can hardly keep my eyes open! :) 

 Our Colorado team really represented this year, teachers from Steamboat Springs, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, and Montrose all came to Salt Lake City and we missed our teachers friends who couldn't make it!  Can't wait to share all we learned with you!



Do you know what these are?  I am so
excited to share these with my students!!!

Our amazing keynote speaker was Lauren Hodgson from the Dalcroze School of the Rockies.  It was so interesting to get to take a class from her and we gained a better understanding of the Dalcroze method, one of the foundational principals in the Let's Play Music method.  Also, seeing 170 teachers moving together to music was AMAZING!


 We heard lots of exciting news about what is coming out in 2018, Let's Play Music for the older beginner, PRESTO will be starting in my studio this year, contact me asap if you have an older child 8-12 years who wants to get in the program, just a few spots left and after my first looks at the curriculum I can honestly say it will be THE BEST music program for older beginners and kids who have had just a little piano.
Kim won the Let's Play Music Fitness challenge!
Make sure you give her a high 5 when you see her  :)

I won a new sign for my studio, woo hoo! 



Lindsey is a new teacher from Steamboat Springs,
She and I met last fall and I was so excited to
get to sit by her and catch up!  Her cute nephews are my
students, what fun! 
Ms. Kim (Windsor) Ms. Robin (Loveland/Windsor) and Ms. Heidi
Steamboat Springs sure had fun learning together. 






What an amazing weekend full of learning and laughs.  So thankful I am part of such a great community of teachers and so excited to share new ideas with my studio this year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment